Moving into 2021 the MAVS continue training at The Corral Indoor Hitting Technology Facility.
The MAVS are fortunate to train in outstanding youth facilities with both indoor and outdoor opportunities. Additionally, the MAVS annually work with respected local and out of town trainers who work with our athletes.
PAST TRAINING INCLUDES:
- Pitching and Hitting Camps with Missouri State University Camps with Southwest Baptist University
- Training with Coach Mark Stratton, former Drury University Head Coach
- Camps with Logan Moon, Kansas City Royals system
- Camps with Frank Duncan, Colorado Rockies system
- Camps with Jamie Pogue, Bullpen Coach and Instructor with the St. Louis Cardinals
- Air Conditioned/Heated Facility
- Key Fobs for all Members
- 3 tunnels
- Indoor Mounds
- Rawlings Spinball 3 Pitching Machine
- Rapsodo Hitting Technology and Membership for all players
- iPads and 49″ monitor for training
- Ball carts for each lane with 100 baseballs in each lane
- 3 Hitting Mats
- L Screens
- Batting Tee’s
- Driveline Hitting Tools
- Axe Bat Hitting System
- Driveline Plyocare
- TV Monitor to use with PlayMotion
- Sound System
- Two outdoor fields
- Two Outdoor batting tunnels
- Adult sized and youth sized pitching mounds
AGE GROUPS OFFERED
Coach Pitch (Ages 7-8)
Youth (Ages 9-14)
High School (15 – 16)
Elite Scout (17 -18)
Training and Development
Based on athlete ability and age.
We believe in continued development throughout the year. We strive for continued improvement while making sure to keep our athletes healty and happy.
CARDINALS COACH JAMIE POGUE PROVIDED INSTRUCTION IN 2018
The MAVS were very fortunate to have had the services of St. Louis Cardinals Coach Jamie Pogue for a clinic in December 2018.
Coach Jamie Pogue a Major League Bullpen Catcher and Major League catching instructor/coach for the St. Louis Cardinals, a post he has held since 2012. Pogue, played minor league baseball from 1999 to 2008 and tallied 614 career games professionally. From 2009 to 2011, Coach Pogue served as the Head coach for the Ontario Blue Jays 17U team and Director of College Placement.
Participation was outstanding and our MAVS learned pitching and catching techniques from Coach Pogue. This is an opportunity that only MAVS were able to take part in.
In 2017 the MAVS continued with training and using The Corral indoor Hitting Technology Facility.
Training takes place in the November and January months for player pitch teams.
The MAVS also added club specific training with Logan Moon, a top prospect in the Kansas City Royals farm system in the Fall of 2017.
Many of the MAVS teams partnered for Indoor training with former Drury University Head Baseball Coach and General Manager of US Baseball Park, Mark Stratton.
James Hoffman, Board member has volunteered to lead our training and development. This implementation across the club will begin in 2018.
In 2017, MAVS teams added one indoor practice to go with their one outdoor practices. Additionally, Batting Practice opportunities are available prior to travel. This along with required days of rest made for great opportunities each week for our teams.